Monday, August 9, 2010

Military relationships, how do you handle it?

how do you cope with having a bf/gf/husband/wife in the military?


have you had to deal with deployments?


any infidelity from either side?





My bf is in Iraq, and I'm having a difficult time right now.Military relationships, how do you handle it?
I'm currently a Marine fiance with my Marine deployed overseas. It's hard but I have some things that will be able to help you out.





He cheated before he left and there were other contributing factors to that however, he learned never to do that again. His family was extremely disappointed in him because they all loved me but I stood by him. I would never cheat on him, I'm one of the women who is proud to say that I'm a Marine fiance and have been faithful to my Marine since the day that we met. This is my third military relationship, once a Navy girlfriend and twice a Marine girlfriend.





Dealing with deployments can be hard. It gets lonely and you have to learn to cope with waking up alone every morning, not being able to talk for hours every night, and having very little communication. It doesn't get easier, you will have a hard time until he comes home, it seems like a long time but it will go by quickly. Occupy your time with friends and family and doing things that you love to do.





Remember that time is only a concept you make important and distance is only as great as you make it. You're a military girlfriend, your job is to guard his heart while he guards other peoples lives. He is doing something dangerous and he chose you to stand behind him. You will be tempted, sure there will be guys who will also make comments towards you but remember, you don't want to break your man's heart while he is away, that's one of the worst things you could ever do.





Stay strong, here is a website that might be able to help you out.





www.semperfikindoflove.blogspot.com





It's a military girlfriend blog and it may give you some insight and some things that you can relate to. If you ever need to talk feel free to email me, I'm not new to this whole gig and I understand that support is needed. Good luck hun and keep your head up!Military relationships, how do you handle it?
You're welcome. I wish you the best of luck, it's tough but you seem like a strong woman. It'll go by quickly :)

Report Abuse



i know how you feel! my bestfriend in the entire world whose like my big bro, got deployed in august and doesn't come home for another 6 months. we still get to talk on the phone, and Email helps alot! just try getting yourself destracted, thats what i do. keep your mind busy by doing things like going out with friends or getting into sports and stuff like that. then you don't have as much time to dwell on it, before you know it time will start moving much faster. its always hardest at first, but the pain of it will fade over a litle time, other than that its all we can really do. hope i helped hun:) us G.I. joe lovers have to stick together haha
Girllll i throw a FAT *** PARTY AND POP OUT THE VODKA hes gone and i CAN PARTY ALL NIGHT long Invite some freinds from NEW YORK to california and we be throwin it down like there was no tomarow Becuasem my BF is sooo mean and if i ever broke up with him he would get extremly angery and it worries me if he could do something harmfull.
Difficult how? Maybe I should come over so we can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment