Monday, August 9, 2010

How do you cope with infidelity and you still want to be with the person? Why isnt it easy to walk away?

We ve been together for 5yrs and have kids together...i cant seem to let it go even though i know thats whats right...im having a hard time...someone plz help me!!!How do you cope with infidelity and you still want to be with the person? Why isnt it easy to walk away?
I would suggest counseling. Dysfunction can be very addictive. Many people (usually women) will stay in a situation--even if their lives (or the lives of their children) are at risk. It's like being a drug addict. You just can't help yourself. Most addicts require professional help to beat their addiction. Through counseling, you can get answers as to why you are attracted to an unhealthy and unhappy situation. A lot of this has to do with stuff going back to our childhood....Good luck.How do you cope with infidelity and you still want to be with the person? Why isnt it easy to walk away?
It's not easy... But you have to!!





Infidelity is a cruel and unforgivable act. Not leaving that person endorses this destructive and selfish behavior.





If you stay with this person, most likely, your partner WILL cheat on you again. And even if he/she does not, those selfish and irresponsible characteristics will remain (and possibly amplify) .





I know this is hard beyond description, but I wish you the best of peace on your journey..
Why dont you talk it out with your husband and find out what he thinks in lacking in you? Lot of times it happens that wives dont focus on their looks or relationships as they get too much occupied with household chores and kids. Why dont you plan sometime out just for the two of you and revive your romantic moments together? Go for a makeover, spend more time with him and bring back the zing.





Even if these things dont work then i would suggest that if not divorce , stay separate and mingle with lots of people. In that way your mind would be diverted from those thoughts. Else you would die alive. When you would get used to stay away from your husband, go ahead and file divorce. You are an individual and your feelings need to be respected.





Good luck
It has to be one of the toughest things to cope with. Think about yourself 1st. If you have any doubt in your mind that he will do it again then do not stay. If this is something that will make you to continue to fight about it and be brought up at every argument then do not stay. This is not healthy for the children. But if you can forgive and move on to never bring this up again or hold this over his head then maybe you can work it out to stay with him.
Found this hope it will help, I've been their to. It's devastating when a spouse cheats on you. It's the ultimate betrayal in a marriage. It makes you lose any and all trust and respect that you had for that person. Not to mention all the emotions that you experience from finding out.





You have to realize that this wasn't your fault. He's to blame for this, he's the one that chose to be unfaithful and go outside of the marriage. So the first thing is to not beat yourself up over HIS choice. You have to try and put all this behind you. It's going to take some time to get over this. It helps if you can forgive him, it'll help with finding inner peace with yourself, so that you're not angry deep down inside. The past is the past and even though you can't change it you can learn from it. You can take something bad and turn it into something positive. I think forgiving him is key to being able to move forward with your life. Sure, it still hurts and it'll take you some time to deal with it, but you can do it.


Good Luck,
I don't know that it is right to let this go. Maybe you don't have enough reasons to believe that he wont do this again. Your instincts are telling you not to let this go, for a reason. I think counseling may help. If he gets angry because you wont let it go, then he isn't very remorseful. Follow your gut. Do you trust this guy? If yes, work on your relationship. If no, end it. I am a divorcing parent and my kids are fine with it. They see their dad, and they see me.
I was where you are, although I was pregnant. I found out and he still denied it until I was like Judge Judy then he finally crumbled and admitted to it and apologized. He said he was sorry and he regretted what he did. He wanted to work it out and he really sounded sincere so I did stay with him. (only cuz I had a child with him) If I was not pregnant, he would have been history. I believed him and we are still here 3 years later and although I do have my eyes and ears open, I do trust him and he promised he would never make me regret my decision to stay with him.





It will be very hard for you for a long time. It took about a year. If he is truly sorry he will answer any questions that you ask but be careful what you ask cuz you may not like the answers. Don't go into detail. Just the facts. Get counseling and good luck
I am going thru the same thing. You think about everyone else and put yourself last. Me and my husband have been married 8 years. I just found out he cheated 2 months ago and am finding it hard also. I can't sleep with him. I am so disgusted .When children are involved it is so hard.I am right there with you.
It's never easy to walk away from anything that's meaningful. Especially when you've devoted so much time and energy.





Individual counseling...for You!


Joint counseling...... ..to see if there is a reason not to walk away.
its not easy and some cant get over it .love isn't a light switch.ive been there i dint leave and now im very happy and he has grown up it took time to forgive but you will never forget if you cant deal with it get help good luck and your very normal
Seek counseling, both together as a couple and separately just for you.
When you find out please let me know. Been there for 5 years, not able to walk away!
Try marriage counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment